Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So...What Do People Mean?!

Let's start digging, readers. Let us first identify the the basic belief:
When I have a dream, the content will symbolically represent something in my life.

This sounds pretty good. I would like to believe that when I dream about winning the lottery, the next day it will come true! With websites such as Dream Moods and Dream Dictionary, we are given a basic list of symbols. There are countless websites besides these that will interpret or explain our dreams into what we need to look for in our real lives!

When people say, "My dreams have symbolic meaning", they mean to say that they see one or more themes in their dreams that they see in their real lives. There are so many popular media sources (as we will look into in later posts) that lead humans to believe this is true. This myth is very common to the public, but is a different kind of monster than other psychological myths. This one isn't talked about very often, and some may believe the myth without even realizing it!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog topic! I am really curious to see what research you get for this, because I am guilty of believing that my dreams relate to my life in some way. Half my dreams make no sense at all, but it is usually a bunch of different things and people that I encounter during my day. But sometimes I have more bizarre dreams like being chased by someone, and I have heard that one interpretation of that is that "you must be running away from something in your life." Something like that seems very possible to be happening in ones life, so I wonder if interpretations like that are meant to be so common and broad so that almost any one can believe it.

    ReplyDelete